Weather: Humidex from 31 to Sunday, then a wetter, seasonal week

article content

The warm, heavy atmosphere we are experiencing will last another day as the local tulips run through their life cycle. But there’s relief to come, and some much-needed rain in the forecast.

article content

Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting mostly cloudy skies for Sunday, with a 30% chance of rain this morning and a 70% chance of showers this afternoon, and a risk of thunderstorms.

Winds will be variable between 5 and 10 km/hour for Sunday.

The fog patches will dissipate this morning. A high of 26 C will look like 31 with humidex. UV Index 7 or higher.

Mercury hit 31.2 C yesterday, beating the 2004 record of 30.7 C, by the way.

For Sunday night, the forecast is for partly cloudy skies and a 70% chance of rain showers in the early evening with a risk of thunderstorms and a minimum of 14ºC.

Monday should start with a mix of sun and clouds, becoming cloudy in the afternoon with rain showers, with a risk of thunderstorms in the late afternoon. Wind turning south at 20 km/h with gusts to 40 in the late afternoon.

The high will be (only) 22C with temperatures dropping to 16C in the afternoon. Humidex 25. UV Index 8 or very high.

As for the rest of the week, it looks like a rainy Tuesday with a high of 11°C and a high of 23°C and sunshine on Thursday.

Average temperatures for this date are a high of 19C and a low of 7.6C.

The sun rose at 5:32 am on Sunday and sets at 8:35 am.

Leave a Comment