Photos from HORROR show a woman covered in blood after she was cut on a subway station platform by a man who was later arrested in his underwear.
The incident took place in Lower Manhattan at the Fulton Street station during Tuesday morning rush hour.
Billy Hernandez, 50, was transported to Manhattan Criminal Court after being arrested Tuesday afternoon, the NYPD confirmed.
The man is accused of stabbing a woman – allegedly his girlfriend or ex – on the platform of train 4/5 at around 9:30 am on June 21.
Hernandez fled the scene after the cut and proceeded to sexually assault a receptionist at the RevCore Recovery Center in Tribeca around 12 pm, reports the New York Post.
There, he allegedly grabbed a 27-year-old woman’s buttocks as she helped him with a tech problem in preparation for a zoom meeting, officers told the Post.
In an indictment on June 22, investigators revealed more information about the subway platform cut.
Investigators said video footage showed Hernandez waiting for the victim, who was reportedly returning clothes to him.
“In this video, the victim walks up to the defendant, throws a bag at the defendant’s feet, turns around and leaves,” the assistant district attorney said, according to the New York Post.
“Once the victim turns to leave, the defendant grabs the victim by the shoulder with one hand and, with the other, the defendant violently cuts the victim’s neck.
“When the victim tries to run away, the defendant follows, making more slashing motions in his direction.”
“This victim suffered a deep laceration extending from the right side of the neck to under the right eye. A laceration on the left forehead, a laceration under the left side of the chin and a laceration on the back.
The woman remains in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital, the NYPD said.
Hernandez was charged with attempted second-degree murder and first-degree assault in the courtship incident.
He was also charged with force touching and third-degree sexual abuse for the RevCore Recovery Center incident.
Bail for Hernandez was set at $500,000 in cash or $1 million in bail by Judge Marisol Martinez Alonso.
Additionally, bail was set at $1 for incidents of forced touching and sexual abuse.
VIOLENT THEFT FEES
Hernandez was also indicted for another crime that took place on June 19.
He is accused of punching a man and stealing his cell phone at Alfred E. Smith Houses on the Lower East Side.
In that incident, Hernandez was charged with second- and third-degree theft.
He was ordered to be held on bail of $10,000 in cash, $15,000 on insurance company bail or $20,000 on partially guaranteed bail, according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, according to the New York Post.
The prosecution also said that in all three cases temporary protection orders were issued against Hernandez.
Hernandez was already facing charges related to a weapons incident in February, the records show.
Charges in that incident include reckless danger and possession of weapons after he was involved in a shootout with another person in Manhattan.
He posted bail earlier this month for that case.
Hernandez has already served time in prison — first serving 16 years following a 1995 assault conviction, followed by three and a half years stemming from a 2015 assault — and is on life probation.
He has been arrested at least 16 times since 1988, according to the New York Post.
Hernandez is due to return to court on June 27.